Every. Single. Day. I am faced with the cold, hard fact that my family is practically helpless to complete the simplest and most mundane tasks. I am confused because, based on my own unprofessional opinion and observation, they all seem to possess average or above average IQs and all are completely capable on a physical ability level. For some reason, though, their ability to perform the most basic daily tasks is completely impaired. It goes well beyond changing the empty toilet paper roll.
- Flush the fucking toilet-Seriously. This one has got to be the one that bothers me the most. That little handle on the backside of the toilet is not just a pretty silver decoration, it actually fulfills a very important function. Once you finish “your business”, push that handle down and it all goes away down the magic hole. Then, I don’t have to dry heave when I walk into the bathroom and see and smell a bowl full of shit. “I forgot”, by the way, is an unacceptable response when I ask why the fucking toilet isn’t flushed. Don’t fucking forget!
- When you take the last pop tart or the last bag of popcorn or the last waffle or the last Coke, remove the fucking box from the pantry/refrigerator/freezer and put it in the muthafucking trash. This is not rocket fucking science. Simply, remove the last item from the box and then remove the package from wherever it is we keep it stored, walk the 5-7 steps to the trash can and place inside the big hole at the top of the trash can.
- When you remove a trash bag from the trash can, fucking replace it with a new one! If there isn’t a trash bag in the trash can then DON’T PUT ANY FUCKING TRASH IN THERE. Why is this such a hard concept to wrap one’s mind around? The trash bags are stored on the lower shelf of the pantry. Simply, remove one from the box, shake out to expand and then place inside the trash can.
- Unless you have hired and scheduled a maid to come here, clean up your own fucking trash. The floor, by the way, is not a trash can. The dishes are not going to walk themselves into the dishwasher.
- If you pull a load of laundry from the dryer, do NOT pull out one shirt and leave the rest in the laundry room mixed in with dirty clothes! Get it out of the laundry room and, I know this is going to sound crazy but here goes–fold it and put it away! For the record, the tops of the dressers, on the beds, on the couch on the floor does not constitute “put away”.
- If you go to make a sandwich and, upon removing the bread, realize it is a) stale or b) moldy, throw it the fuck away! Do not return it to the pantry. Really? The trash can and pantry are equidistant from the counter area you were preparing to make said sandwich.
- When you open a bag of lunch meat, a loaf of bread, the bag of shredded cheese, etc CLOSE IT!
We all know that when mama ain’t happy, nobody is happy, so learning how the above will make mama a lot happier. We will hold weekly workshops on these tasks. If anyone else is interested in enrolling their own family members into these workshops, we can work something out.